Sunday 27 November 2011

Idiots guide to catching an Iceberg


I recently began taking part in the little known sport of Iceberg catching, it sounds a little crazy but takes a lot of skill.

There are limited remote places you can take part in this sport which makes it quite expensive, my first go was in the National Park De Los Glaciers in southern Chile a gem among other enthusiasts.

From my first experiences I wanted to write a quick top 5 tips for other beginners.

1. Always check for park rangers before starting, I think being caught is frowned upon, look casual!

2. Pick your iceberg carefully they are bigger beneath the water than on top, its not a myth.



3. Always use protection! Slap on some rubber. I think Marigolds would be a really good option, I cut my hands 5 times on this bad boy.


4. Remember to try and hold the ice berg above your head and shout “Ice berg ahead” while humming the titanic theme tune for maximum points.


 

5. Lastly always return the iceberg to its natural habitat so someone else can also catch it.




So unfortunately in this attempt I didn’t meet many of these top tips better luck next time hey. 
I'm currently only ranked 758th in the world so full points, with full titanic theme tune and overhead press was asking alot! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment